Exams are one of the main stressors for young people, and this stress can really affect our productivity. Here are some tips and ideas which can help you this exam season.
Create the right working environment
- Have comfortable furniture to sit on. Get a larger desk, giving you more comfort when spreading out notes and books.
- Declutter your space.
- Buy fun and nice stationary – make studying fun with colourful pens and notepads.
- Find some quiet – if you have noisy siblings or constnat activity at home that can make it hard to focus on studying. Consider going to a library or cafe. Or have a talk with your family to stop entering your room when you’re studying.
- Use music – this isn’t for everyone, but many people express that music helps their concentration. Find your own “concentration music” (this can be repeating sounds, or songs you love).
- Put your phone on do not disturb
- Stay away from social media
- Set study times – these are specific times in a day when you will focus on studying.
- Be realistic with your study goals – you probably wont finish your entire study unit/subject in a couple of hours.